My daughter .......my strength


I had a lovely childhood ... cared loved sometimes strict but always loved , not too much freedom but never felt the need for it since my home was heaven ..........


Amma who always pampered us ,


brought us gifts when she came from office , brought me my little girl things ...


nail polish (my first one was red colour) , my bangles , hair bands so many things ......always calm , never shouted ........my perfect mother .


Achan ....my strict father ......who loves us a lot ...


go to play at 5 p.m and come back at 6 pm , wow have i got beatings or what !!!!


....but i later realised it was for my good ,


and each beating gave him more pain thatn it gave me .


seema... my little sis, my playmate , my relief in my loneliness when parents went for jobs , my confidant , my little boli .




Then i got married ....... and suddenly life changed ......


i was no longer the pampered daughter or loved sis , i was an elder lost in a new world full of new faces , decisions , problems , loneliness , worries in short lost alone .........


I desperately craved for my parents love , my mothers lap , my sisters funny chats , our games .everything was different , new .


Then God gave me Ammu ........


my little daughter , my strength , my weakness , my joy , my fear , my life , my everything


And in a second she brought back everthything into my life ..........


fun , care , love , games , silly talks , chats , everything.




She is just 5 now , a little chubby darling , my angel who gives me unconditional love ,


who remembers my details more than my self , who knows my dresses more than myself ,


who checks if my slippers match my dress before i leave the house ,


who loves any stupid thing i cook and eats it with " yummy , amma undakanadhu endhu nalladha " ( yummy , whatever my mother cooks is so good ).


Who asks me " amma kazhicho ? did you eat "


Who runs to me suddenly and keeps her little dimpled hands on my cheeks and fondly says " you are my best friend !"


Who first word in the morning and last word at night is amma ...


Whose twinkle in the eye welcomes me whenever i reach home from work , followed by the wild hugs.


Who runs to get water even if a single cough comes from me .


What more do i need .................. Touch wood and thank you GOD for her , my friend , my strength , my life




Comments

Unknown said…
Bless her :) that is really sweet!

Popular Posts