The Rose and The Dew Drop



What shines there like a precious gem ,

On a petal shining with pride

The rose seems shy as she blushes red ,

wearing her jewel like a bride .


Rose bush , Rose bush can you say ,

what makes your flower shy ,

It is her gem her lover her joy

And I admire it with a silent sigh .


Little rose can you give him to me ,

I ask with a sparkling eye ,

She is so silent , as she stands ,

her silence asking me ....why ?


Little rose why no answer gives thou ?

With your gem will you part ,

She looks on ever so silently ,

her silence touches my heart .


And then her silent happiness ,

Slowly seems to melt away ,

As she looks on the rising sun ,

"NO" her silence seems to say .


Rose bush , Rose bush tell me why ,

Why does Little rose fear the sun ,

As he rises , her little heart knows ,

Such moments , now there would be none ........


I look on ever so silently ,

as her lover dies away ,

The little rose asks me without a word,

Where is he , can you say ?


Thou be not sad , little beauty ,

He will return to you ,

Sleep with content and a smile in heart ,

The hours are but very few ....


She stands there her eyes to the sky ,

and wonders without a word ,

When my precious gem comes back ...

I might have left this world !


I ask her why with a fear in heart

Why death she would embrace ,

My love my gem keeps me alive ,

And about him there is no trace ......


The little rose sleeps with a heavy heart ,

And wakes up with a silent prayer ,

As she slowly opens her eyes in fear ,S

he sees him waiting there .........


Rose bush ,Rose bush i happily sing

What a beautiful sight ,

The blush is back on her beautiful cheek ,

As silent lovers unite ...

Comments

Kalyan Panja said…
lovely words...the emotions of a lover captured so beautifully...

Popular Posts