The treasure box in the Attic ........


Cleaning can be the worst pain in the neck ...swish goes the broom missing out many crucial places like the fast train passing the boring station ,,,,of course when your maid does it ...she definitely does not bend down and clean under the cupboard and misses the cobwebs etc etc etc .........the maid train is bound by duty to stop at all the sleeeepy boring stations no matter what ... Well anyway cleaning is boring .....but when it leads you to a treasure ...then what ...a hidden treasure just like the secrets underneath an ocean . A treasure that is so valuable that you need to keep it safe ....what if the Kohinoor thieves decide to just smuggle it out ! Well finally after missing out many stations i reached the spot marked X.....the treasure was close by ......my hair on my arms stood like the meerkats in the desert ........tingling as i got closer .....flashes of light sparkled in front of my eyes .......yess got it ........ What could it be ? A precious gem studded jewel box ...that opened with a click and opened with a song to reveal grandmas antique kundan ka chain .....or grandpas ruby studded earring that was centuries old and passed on from generations .....and it could make the holder richer than the Queen of England !
Nope you are all wrong ...... A round tin box ...paint painfully fading away at the edges but the flowery print still clear ...... It did not open with a click though ...you definitely broke your finger nails trying to pry it open ........Uff  that was a punishment for all who tried to take away my treasure .... And my eyes shine like sparklers when i open it and reflect the joys of the world .........
Wow my old shiny toffee wrappers
My exchange bubble gum cards my teddies bow that tore when i tried to dress him up in my fathers shirt .
My foreign pencil bit that was my pride in school .
My double sided pencil box that was as rare as clothes are on Mallika Sherawat ......Oh how many many times i opened both sides to make sure ... very sure that my classmates knew that my box wastwo sided .
My old Tinkle book special edition in which my letter to the editor was printed (wow) .
My first nail paint bottle, blood red colour and that was worn only during vacations with so much pride .
My dolls leg which i hid so that i could fit it back when i got her back .......she never returned  you see ...when she went to fetch water from the well ...
An old steel cooker in which i had cooked uncountable meals for my sister ........

A ball made of rubber strings that my brothers had made for me when i visited them at Trivandrum ..and wow how high they bounced !
A skeleton of a little girl bag in which i hid my girly treasures and findings .....
A single long earring , actually my first long hanging earring which i had worn with pride on many occasions .......
 The best of all was the picture postcards of the then star Govinda and pictures of Madonna and George Micheal .....wow ..........
The treasure tin in itself is a treasure though ...i took chocolates to school in it for my birthday and proudly told all that my uncle bought it for me from Muscat :)
So who all agree that this was really a great treasure hunt ......come on you all open up your closets and attics and do a little treasure hunting .....find your treasures and your childhood once again and relive every little treasury moment ......

 Every little treasure no matter how mangled or broken will have its own story to tell and it's own memory to share

So go on you all ....Happy Treasure Hunting :)))

Comments

Seema B Menon said…
Hehehe is it that green box??

Popular Posts