Torn Apart ......

All eyes on me ...as i stood alone in a crowded room
  Every look filled with hatred ,pity ...anger...
 
I yearned for a look that was filled with support and courage ...
I yearned for a look filled with understanding ....
 
Humiliation i had suffered ...... Pain i had endured ....
Agony and torture had ripped me apart ...
Then why ..the demon looked happier ?
Why people stared more at me than him ?
Why i could not lift my eyes ... and he stood with head held high ?!
 
Queries like arrows ripped through my unhealed wounds...
Tearing them open again ...
As I relived the horror again and again ...
I realised I would never heal again ....
 
Why were you there ?
Where did they take you ?
How did he touch you ?
Where ...when ....how ....
 
Queries ....blows like hammers ...
On my already wounded self ...
Modesty ...outraged
Innocence ....murdered
Body ....mutilated Soul....
Destroyed beyond recognition ....
That is what is left of me .... That is what is left for me .
... Nightmares are constant companions ....
The memories of my screams scare me .....
The wounds still lie open and raw ,
 
Every night as i lie half asleep ....
I die over and over again ........
Many held candles for me ...
Many spoke a thousand words ...
Leaders and Lords had crocodile tears
And blind as a bat was the law ....
 
They named me with several names .
They termed me the daughter of the land .
They loved me too much so felt i was to be blamed ...
So i was sentenced to be banished From my land ...my home ...my life
And left to die in an unknown land ..
 
The demon smiles victoriously...
triumphant and vile ...
Yet another feather in his cap ...
Another severed life ..
 
And as he escapes ...into the oblivion He plots and plans ....
Once again his shadow lurks in the darkness...
Waiting for another Daughter of the land .

Comments

Komila said…
very touching and beautifully written :-)
sindhu said…
Thanks so much Komi

Popular Posts