My first Teachers day .....


TEACHER'S DAY .....

I never thought i wud celebrate it one day ..... but then i did Sept 5th 2013 ...my first teachers day ....and what a good one it was !

A week before the actual day excitement started peeping
out like a naughty child waiting to run out of class ..... My daughter added anxiety to excitement and made me impatient too !
 Daily .,.. things like Amma what are your plans for that day were spoken atleast ten times ....and the interest never dwindled a bit all the ten times ;) And finally the day arrived and i woke with the same excitement as a child waking up on his birthday .... Ammu came and gave me her trademark tight squeeeeeez hug with a loud ammmma and choked the breath out of me ....she yelled Happy Teacher dayyyyy and did a small dance too ....it was all too funny and i drove her away to get her dressed for school ....
Should i wear a sari or a salwar ... should i wear matching sandals ....oh and a million questions popped out of my head like bread from a toaster !!!!
But suddenly a realisation lightning bol hit me real bad that i was just a visiting trainer there ....not even a regular faculty ...... why should i get so worked up .....the students would celebrate with their class teachers and regular teachers ......I was not even in the picture ......... 
Poof the baloon of excitement lost all air within slowly ..... and all the anxiety died down .... I settled for a good salwar ... had my breakfast and picked up my books and bag and started to school as usual .....

There were no students at the gate .... i went in and the entire school was ringin with noise from bursting baloons .... chatting .... rushed footsteps as kids ran around planning the day ...... I felt happy but reminded myself u might not be a part of all this ....

After signature and electronic attendance etc i saw a huge crowd outside the Audio visual lab where i usually sit .... Oh the computer faculty were having their celebrations ....so i moved towards the staff room when suddenly the corridor rang with shouts of Maaaaaam and happy teachers day sindhu maaam etc ..... the whole crowd was waiting for me !!!!!!!!!

Yipeeeee the baloon again filled with air and my heart soared high like a music note ...... The kids said Mam why were you late we were all waiting for you :)) then the excitement and wishes continued the entire day ,....
I received roses and sweets and tiny hand made cards and pens and hugs and smiles and wishes .......

The fact that kids accepted me so well even though i was a very small temporary part of their school filled me with happiness and pride .....
And then the excitement started to tell my dear Ammu and Appu detailed descriptions about my day :)
This is an ode to all my teachers till date who made me capable and are indirectly responsible for gifting me this day which i will never forget .


Comments

Popular Posts