The Rains .......Again




         There are rains in Chennai again .... I do not have a window seat in fact i don't have a seat at all ;)
Am a teacher now and I am enjoying the rains in a totally different way.

My concentration wavers as she lashes down the  windows of my classroom . The students sense the distraction and note the happiness in my eyes .Immediately questions follow .....'' Mam do you like the rain ? '' '' Have you got an umbrella '' 
I somehow drag my eyes and mind from you and silence the children with a mock anger display .... which does not fool them one bit ! 
When the God of thunder strikes the reactions are like rainbow colours . Some cover their ears and shut their eyes , some have scared big round eyes and some the look of sheer relief that class is being disturbed and some even look for signs of power shut downs ....
As puddles fill up I long for paper boats and splashy jumps . But I need to resist all temptations and stop the happy kids with a heavy heart . 
Am also instructed to watch out for pranksters who wait for a chance to get wet . As i scold them and push them into their classrooms , I long terribly to be in their place . 
I relish the smell of fresh wet mud and the cool breeze caressing my hair while spraying me with heavens waters .....
As i walk down the corridors , I never miss a chance to put out my hands and catch a few drops .
When i leave school I promise myself that i will catch up on all that i missed and lost today .....
And I keep my promise too .... I reach home and rush to the terrace and .....
I splash and hold and smell and feel the rain without any distractions ....second thoughts or restrictions .
Pour on you lovely rain .... there will be many like me who love you just like me ....but am sure I love you best ......

Comments

Popular Posts