A Driver with Anticipatory Bail !!!

So in Love with the '' L '' sign !

Well most of you must have read my earlier blog Driving Instructor .... and Me .
Well as learning to drive is not enough i thought it would be apt to attempt taking a license . So after terrorising the Cochin roads and Potholes I decided to do the same in Chennai . Joined a driving class just for namesake and a license . 
Well i saw my instructor maybe 6 times in a whole month .
Finally he told me '' Madam i know you are busy , so atleast make it a point to please come and sign the log once a week , its a Government procedure ''

Suddenly i felt i was standing in a police station , was out on Bail , was asked not to leave the city limits and also come and sign the attendance every week . 
Well in a way it could be a practise before i start driving and someone atually puts me behind bars . Also i felt it would be better to apply for Anticipatory bail .
Finally the day arrived and I reached the place where the driving test was supposed totake place . The inspector arrived 2 hours late and made a grand entry . My first doubt was how would she enter the car ? She was 3 timesmy size and quiet scary to look at . I should have applied for bail last night itself .
Well I sat near her in the car and said a small prayer .
I had my sunglasses on as 10.00 am in a Chennai summer is too blazing hot and me with my eye problem would have eyes watering like the Niagra falls in 5 minutes without it . 
She stared at me and said '' Take off your glasses ''
I told her its not possible as I have an eye problem . Her eyes became big and round and she said '' You can't seeeee ??!!'' 
Oh i can see dear Inspector ... Ihave an eye problem am not blind ! 
Well she was not at all convinced and decided I need to take a reading test first and then drive . She had a '' I will get you now '' look on her face s she held up a paper and said Read madam .
I said I can't read ... and before I could finish my sentence she said and you want license ??
I controlled my temper and said with the sweetest smile I could manage at that time '' Mam I cant read because its TAMIL ! I dont know to read Tamil !''
Finally after reading and eye testing and staring contests I turned on the Ignition and the car started . Thankfully it did not Frog jump today . And suddenly she said '' Ok thats it .'' 
Thats all ?!?!?! tHIS was my driving test .
In my mind a 100 crackers ofjoy burst all together .

Then suddenly a realisation dawned that these are going to be the people am going to be driving with .... 
Those who might have never seen a driving class , those who signed weekly attendance and those who had take Anticipatory bail !!! 
Good Lord the Governmet really needs to take more serious measures about giving license to people . 
Finally that fateful day evening I got my license with the photo of a stranger on it ! 
The people who take photos for liceenses and aadhar cards etc could try a hand at Graphics and Animation for Alien themes and horror stories .      Well so now armed with an Anticipatory bail , a sunglass , a License and a truckload of fear i drive on the Chennai roads along with people armed with the same .
My most part of my car is the Glittering L stuck on both ends :)
Keeps away people and cars .... thats what I think but there are people who see it and decide to scare me too ... hehehe usually its they who get a fright and steer clear off me and my Purple dragoned i10 !!! 

Thanks again to that convincing calm talk by a very patient person who made me realise that taking yourself around is the first step to being independent . Like getting wings , like freedom . 



Comments

Popular Posts