God's Palette

GOD'S PALETTE ... 

( written 17/09/15 , 8.00 pm ) 

Mother would you give me a Penny 
Two round eyes looked with a plea 
Why is it little one she asked 
And those eyes now shone with glee 

I need some paint and need some ink
A prize for sure , now I shall win
Her eyes had now a single tear 
Refusing would be such a Sin !

Look at the sky my little one 
 Gods palette u can see
Pick any colour and pick your ink
That would be yours for free 

How can i tell you little one 
My purse is so empty and torn 
A morsel how would i feed you today
Her hunger let out a groan ! 

Gods palette in the sky 
Is it true my dear mother 
Then shall I pick my colours 
Ink I would want no other 

Such Innocent Faith and such Belief 
Now shone in a happy heart
And there he sat with his canvas 
Eager hands waiting to start 

He gazed up at the Azure sky
Wishing for paint and Ink 
Little fingers reaching out 
Innocence believes and does not think 

And on the paper like a miracle 
Colours Filled each and every bit
Blue and purple and orange too
In silent wonder did he sit 

Look mother you were so right 
My canvas is no longer bare 
She looked in Wonder and in awe
At a painting , One so rare 

A painting of faith so innocent 
On a canvas of Belief was Set 
An art so rare and wondrous
Painted With Gods Palette !

Comments

Popular Posts