Anything for a Moment

A short story ...( Written 4/11/15 : 11.00 pm )

Anything for a Moment ...

As she got up , her knees ached . They bore marks of years of kneeling to pray . Scratches and wounds that never healed .
Tears filled both eyes and shone like diamonds in those sunken tired eyes .
She wiped them before they escaped her eyes . I cant cry she thought . I Have promised i will never cry and will be strong .
But God please find him for me and get him back . Life is meaningless without him .
There was not a temple she had not prayed in , not a dargah and not a church where her knees had nt been scrapped and torn ....where her eyes and folded hands  had not pleaded .
Years went by and she still waited , still prayed . The soles of her feet bled as she walked to every place she could searching and hoping to find him .
Every passing second she had just one prayer ... Dear Lord please give him back to me . I will give up everything I have . Will sell off all that I have to get to him .

One night a star shone bright and asked her for a wish . I have watched you all these years and today I cant hold back any more . So I will grant you one single wish ...now ask . She wished to be reunited with Him . I knew you would ask only that and
That i can do but i need something in return . Ask anything you want she said . Are you sure anything ? She said yes .
And suddenly she found herself standing in front of her long lost love . Her eyes like waterfalls breaking a promise . Her lips cried and smiled all at once . Her eyes looking at that vision she had waited for all her life .
She lifted her hands and gently held his face . Stood on her toes and kissed him with all the love she had kept inside all these years .

And then ... at his feet ,  she fell dead  . As she fell she held his feet and kissed them too . Her life left her as she lay there peacefully and with a smile that had evaded her lips all these years .

The star appeared and held on to her soul that drifted out . He asked Why take her life ?
She had promised me her everything If I gave her two things . One Moment with You and a chance to watch over you all your life .
Now am taking her to a place in the skies .
And as he looked there shone a new star , the brightest of them all right above where he stood .
Now she could see him and be close to him in each and every moment .

Comments

Popular Posts