The Wandering Mind Saga :  Travelling to Neverland.
(Written 29/3/17 : 1.00 pm )

I read to travel. To travel into a world thats more kind . More adapting and adjusting.
I danced to find the music in my soul and to be one with the Universe.
When there was a war between drifting words and monotonous  thoughts, and stepping feet and lists of chores I always wished that  the words and the music won.
The thoughts are strong and demanding. They demand a part of me and sometimes the whole of me.
I cannot part with myself without my permission. But even then I do.

And then they take over with tentacles of planning and deciding and worrying and getting lost.
Thats when words get blurred and sentences are skipped. The eyes glance but do not see. The mind reads but does not remember.

The heart years for a union between the world of stories and A universe of realities.  But thats just a flickering thought.
Sometimes when pages are half through I realise that no prints have been etched on the mind.
Sometimes when eyes read but the mind stays blank I realise that the thoughts are clustering together forming a maze through which words and stories try desperately to come in but almost always walk in circles and are kicked out.
When life forced me into believeing against my belief that the heart is never wrong.

How does a mind that lives inside me mesmerise me into thinking that I am under it's control ? Why can I not find the energy to make it realise that it is the other way round ?

We need to find the reins, we need to hold them tight and take control. Temptations , addictions, habits are all a trick of the mind. The minute we realise that we are the boss...that we hold the power to control that voice inside our head that almost always dictates terms to us and meekly we obey.

The wandering mind will no longer wander into uncertain realms.
The wandering mind will wander but never aimlessly again.
The wandering mind will surely wander , but it will wander through creativity , words, goals, happiness , positivity,  books  and so much more.

Simple acts, seemingly impossible distractions and the even more simple solutions.
How easily we are blind to the simplest things  right before our confused eyes.
Maybe we saw with eyes of the mind... rational to the point of being cruel.
Maybe now I will see with eyes of the heart again .
And I will let the mind wander more freely now ...as now I hold the reins.

Comments

Popular Posts