The Unicorn on the Rainbow.

Dedicated to all you multi talented people out there !
(Written 1.5.17: 3.30 pm) .

How many of you have had these confusions ? How many of you have felt that you belong to many places and people at once ?
How many times have you felt that yes this is who I am and after a few minutes contradicted yourself and felt No maybe this is who I am .

Confusions, differences, revelations, findings and again confusions.

I have been through this many times.

Sometimes resulting in a shock that Don't I have any proper identity at all.
Frustrations that I don't belong to any place and that I belong to many places.

With a pen and paper ...am in my element. That is my universe. I am me as words flow uninhibited and fast. This is who I was born to be. This is who I want to be. This is Me.
But...
Standing in a school am so damn sure that I am perfectly set here. There is no other place where I belong . This is my realisation of my passions and my dreams. This is the destination and the path towards my goals.

In a music concert when my feet start having a mind of their own and when the mind and heart slowly erase all around me and start singing . When nostalgia strikes like a hammer and nothinf but the stage and mike i held remain in mind. Then the thought tugs me inside that the music should have never stopped. That I should have been holding the mike and singing my heart out.

When the voice of anklets weaves through the wind and when rhythmn and songs fill the air then my mind scolds me for giving up the anklets. The dancer inside weeps a thousand tears and fights to come out again.

When at home,  the mother is all I want to be. Caring and nurturing the 2 wonderful gifts I have been blessed with.

But then why should I be only any one of these.  Who decides that we can belong to only one place and we can be only some"one" ?
The Rainbow has 7 colours. Each beautiful and radiant. It never tries to choose any one of these. It is proud to be all 7 ... a perfect beauty.

Am a blend of many Me. Am not satisfied with being chained to one of these.
I am free and I am proud to be many in one.
Mother, Writer, blogger, dancer, teacher, artist ..all these together make Me.

Take away any one and I cease to exist. Blend them all and I get Magic like the powerful  Unicorn.
Be Proud of all that you are. Be Proud to be You.

Comments

Popular Posts