The Lonely Heart



Years on end I have wandered ,

Searching for the impossible ....

Hunger and sleep I have forsaken ,

Even when hopes were feeble !


Just a glimpse I needed ...

Just a moment of peace ,

Before the very last breath in me

Just a minute of ease ...


Was it cruel was it fate ,

That suddenly i was face to face

When hopes and all i had burnt ,

Then why now , after all i learnt ...


My treasure was no longer mine  ,

I realised with an aching heart  ,

Tears of blood rushed out and free ,

There was ache in every part !


Its you i searched for all these years ,

Its you for whom i lived ,

Its you , its you and only you

For this glimpse fate i wud forgive ...


I ripped it out , this bleeding heart

And lay it at his feet ,

Each drop is shed , and shed for u

In a hope that we wud meet ...


 Just touch it once and u shall feel

A lifetime of  endless pain

For every painful moment lived ,

for more losses than a gain ...


At his mercy my soul lay

Waiting to be freed ...

For his love this heart so ached

True love this was indeed ...


But as she waited ,  patiently

With all her love  and want

He did not pick her bleeding heart

He said i simply cant !


She said i am ready , i can wait

For a day more than forever

Just a moment of love is all i need

 Sleepless nights there will be never


I am tied and i am bound

To another cant u see

I never wanted , i never will

For u to be with me ...


This soul will never be free again

This heart will never heal ,

The life will just drift away

I wish this u would feel ...


A life without u , i do not seek

The world is lone and vast ,

And as he watched , the heart went still

The soul it breathed its last ...


Comments

Popular Posts