Stones, leaves and People.


(Written 25.01.20, 7.40 pm)

When I was small,
I collected stones
And wrappers and leaves.
I loved them as pieces of my heart
I loved them and swore to never part.

Dusting and cleaning,
Took them away 
Heartlessly and easily.
None understood my tears
None realised my fears.

As I grew up
I collected books
And more books and more.
Surrounded by them 
I found joy silently
I found friends from yore.

They took me on jouneys
They shook me through laughs
But they never smiled
They never spoke back,
Just stayed on in their racks. 

As I grew older 
I tried collecting 
Something more precious than these
I searched for people
To love and share
My life, my soul and me.

They all came 
They all savoured
Then they left me, with myself.
No stone, no wrapper 
thus broke my heart. 
As people, who came, to leave.

Comments

Popular Posts